Monday, March 1, 2010

Smokey and the Bandit

This weekend Mr. Booze is taking a trip to Chicago. It is a short rendezvous with some old friend. You might not know this, but Chicago has crazy taxes. There is an additional sales tax on top of Illinois' already high sales taxes. There is also an additional liquor tax just for Chicago, on top of Illinois' high liquor taxes. Therefore the importation of cheap liquor is imperative.

I have contacted my fellows and have a shopping list to complete today. I am bringing the following boozes:

1 750ml bottle of Lustau Spanish brandy
1 1L bottle of Old Overholt rye whiskey
1 tiny bottle of Christian Bros. VSOP (for sampling)
1 12 pack of Spotted Cow beer

I'm also bringing a bottle of something for myself. Maybe Old Fitzgerald?

I've seen this movie before. It was called Smokey and the Bandit. And it was fucking awesome.



Enjoy every scene with the Trans Am

I'm also bringing about a dozen cheap cigars I stole from my former employer. I'm also going to see if I can get some snus for the Destroyer. Hmmm, this is starting to sound vaguely like another movie...



I wonder if there will be a lawyer involved in this? (why do they disable embedding on the best clips?)

Will this end up Fear and the Bandit in Smokey Vegas? Will things explode as they sometimes do when deranged personalities try and channel their demons together? Will it be surprisingly dull? Will I get stuck in bat country?



I won't know until I get there. And unfortunately I can't get my hands on any hallucinogens or high powered narcotics. So probably very little Fear and Loathing, but you never know. A boy can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment