Thursday, August 11, 2011

From my childhood: Televangelists

I don't know if televangelists are on TV late night anymore, but when I was a kid they were. I found these programs to be high entertainment, but none moreso than Robert Tilton. He had an interesting cosmology where you would "decree a thing" to your "Jehovah Jireh" and make a "vow of faith" by giving Mr. Tilton money. He would repeat these catch phrases over and over again. It was weird.





So is cocaine to blame?



Good times!!

2 comments:

  1. I remember this guy, but my favorite was always Bob Larson's programs explaining how music, especially heavy metal, was a tool of the devil. It seemed like there was a new one every week. My clearest memory is of the "my sweet satan" from a led zeppelin songs backwards, and a video clip of someone busting into a church, his eyes glowing red, and then a preacher's head exploding. Near the end he seemed to start taking aim a rap, also. Needless to say, it was sone of the things that got me into heavy metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speak of the devil!!!!

    http://www.bravewords.com/news/167081

    Bob Larson is going to exorcise Necrobutcher from Mahem on TV!

    ReplyDelete