Monday, December 24, 2012

End of the year whiskey miscellany

Paddy's Irish whiskey has returned to America.  This time Paddy is available in 750ml bottles.  It is slightly overpriced at my local retailer at 22 dollars (2 dollars more than Jameson).  If you are looking for a last minute Christmas gift to your liver, why not?

Concannon Irish whiskey is available in my area, so probably yours as well.  I have to admit, this is not my favorite Cooley blend.  I still like Michael Collins better.  The bottle has fancy embossing, but for a 750ml bottle it is as tall as a 1 liter bottle and won't fit in my liquor shelf.  Boo!  I notice the petite sirah barrel aging up front with a hint of tart flavor, but the finish turns a little sharp.  Maybe you'll like more than I?


No comments:

Post a Comment