Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The official countdown to retirement

There are 27 days until my retirement begins. I've been thinking a lot about what to drink in the interim, and what to drink thereafter. I've decided that in the interim, with looming lack of money ahead, I should go the frugal route and try some rye whiskey. I'm not too familiar with rye, but as Tondar likes to point out I can always make Manhattans with it. For my retirement, I'm thinking severance whiskey. For this, Irish whiskey. I haven't made my decision yet; should my severance whiskey be something nice, like Tyrconnell? Should it be something cheap, but new to me, like Kilbeggan? That I haven't decided. In the mean time, look for lots of pictures of Old Overholt rye whiskey, or as they like to say "Old Overcoat".

No comments:

Post a Comment