Sunday, January 11, 2009

Your weekly Bollywood

Yesterday I took the state exam, in order to get a cushy government job. I got up at 7:30 AM on a Saturday, after not getting to sleep until 1:00 AM because the neighbors were partying. We eventually had to call the cops on them. Saturday morning it was probably 12 degrees outside. The parking spaces on campus, where the exam was, were filled. I found a place on a sidestreet. It was a campus red lot, violators will be towed. But I had to take a chance. There were meters, only operating M-F, so those couldn't be red lot spaces - could they? As I ran up the hill, knuckles red from freezer burn, I wondered if taking a shot at this job was worth it. I probably wouldn't do well enough on the exam to beat out the other 300 applicants. I could get towed. And then I heard this song...



How did I do? I don't know. But I did remember to "Taste the spirit of Freedom. It tastes so good."

No comments:

Post a Comment