Thursday, June 11, 2009

All I need is money

All I need is around 3 grand, and I can start making films. Films of the sort of quality you'd see in a movie theater. I think it would be quite easy. Check it out below:

Sofia's People: Canon 5dmk2 24p from Philip Bloom on Vimeo.



Clicky through to embiggen

This video was made with a Canon 5d mk 2 and a Zeiss 50mm f1.4, and edited in Final Cut Studio 2. I have a similar - if inexpensive - lens. I just need the camera body and the software. About 3 grand. I looked into selling plasma, but it is apparently rather time consuming. If they were open on Saturdays, that's what I would do on Saturdays.

Of course, on the old blog I predicted the rise of the DSLR in filmmaking. If the 5d recorded in 24p without needing post production compression, I think we would see Hollywood studio productions using it. For reals. I've thought for a long time that this would come and then indie films would blow up because for about 5 or 6 thousand dollars you have all the studio equipment necessary to make a feature film.

...you know, the state of Michigan is trying to build out a film industry. Maybe they are giving out grants? If I could score 3 grand in grant money, I swear I'd stage my first film in Michigan. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment