Sunday, October 17, 2010

Wine and fine dining

Recently I posted the following question to my friends: what wine goes best with Taco Bell?

The answers were as follows:

-box wine
-Boonesfarm
-Old Lady white zin + fiber pills
-Calcu 2006 blend

I haven't given it a try, but I plan to soon and I'll definitely put a fine dining food and wine review up here when I do.

You'd think, with all the wines out there and all the stupid descriptions of their taste and what food should be eaten alongside, that there would be some food reviews with helpful suggestions for Taco Bell wines. Surprisingly, there is very little. I was able to find one good review and that's it.

It's enough to make you think that wine drinkers are a bunch of foul food snobs. Some people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I enjoy a good cheap Merlot to go with my pizza. Wine is cheap people. Less than ten bucks a bottle? Your dollar for alcohol ratio is comparable with Schlitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment