Monday, November 4, 2013

From the bargain bin: Nature Quest CDs

Do you remember the 90s?  Like really remember the 90s?  If you do, then you remember that New Age music was big.  Oh, maybe it was bigger in the 80s I don't know.  But in the early 90s it was still going strong.

During the twilight of the New Age there were a lot of "relaxing" CDs pressed.  But not all of it New Age music.  In fact there were quite a few albums of straight up classical music with the "sound of nature" mixed in.

This is a safe place, right?  Ok, I'm going to tell you I really dig these albums.  That's right, these are Amazon's gems.  You can get these discs for a buck.  They have solid classical music and some decent nature mixed in.


Yeah I know, right?

Check out Wolf Song.  You won't find any info online, but it is all classical music with howling wolves interspersed.  I don't recognize a lot of the songs, but I recognize a few like Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis by Ralph Vaughn Williams.  Not New Age at all.

Some of the others feature the ocean with Pachelbel, Handel, and Bach.  Or the ocean with lots of Debussey.

At a bargain bin prices I am stocking up before these beauties disappear forever and become horribly overpriced collector's items.  Maybe you should too?

No comments:

Post a Comment