Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fear and self-loathing in Madvegas

An old buddy of mine is getting married in Belize in a few days. I was invited, but declined because it was going to cost quite a lot in airfare alone, and I was about to lose my job. In hindsight, this was stupid thinking. This is a once in a lifetime trip and I was a fool to not take it. It is too late to change my mind, because I don't have a passport and it takes weeks to get one.

Learn from this mistake.

Monday I am setting up a job interview, even though I am already gainfully employed. I have a bad feeling about the new job I have and was pining for a different job all week when all of a sudden I received 2 phone calls on Friday around quittin' time for new jobs. So I will probably burn a few bridges starting tomorrow and maybe have an even better job. Or maybe the same lame job. Or maybe no job at all. Such is life.

IMG_0154

This sort of thing makes me blue


But, as always, there is a level of fear and paranoia in this venture. I want to dump this job for a better job. But I don't want to dump this job if the other job doesn't pan out. This job juggling I call threading the needle. This is the American dream: dicking over your old crappy job for a new crappy job. That and Russian mail-order brides.

No comments:

Post a Comment