Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The furniture post

Over the last two weeks I came to the realization that I need a table for my balcony. It happened when I was walking around the apartment complex and saw two ladies sitting on their balcony. They were sitting across from each other with a tv tray between them. They were jabbering away in some language I did not recognize and drinking out of mugs with a carafe between them. The younger one was smoking. It felt very cosmopolitan. I felt like I could be in France.

So what I need for my balcony is a cafe table. If I cannot get a cafe table, a tv tray will suffice. Strangely, tv trays are selling for around forty dollars these days. Madness. I don't want to spend the money for a cafe table or even a tv tray.

For a few days I scoured the student ghettos to see if a cafe table or tv tray was left at the curb. After all, it was move out week and an endless assortment of junk was left out. No luck. I have looked over Craigslist. So it looks like I will be forced to pay the long buck. Unless you have any clever suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment