Sunday, April 15, 2012

The first time and the last time

For many years I greatly enjoyed the Autumn Leaves album As Night Conquers Day.  I've finally tired of it, and the thought occurred to me to find other Autumn Leaves albums.  It turns out they had another album called Embraced by the Absolute.  It is a beast.



There is one small problem.  It is out of print.  I can't buy a CD anywhere.  The only place I found it was iTunes.  My old blog searching has been crushed by the powers that be.  So fine.  I bought it on iTunes.  Now understand, the idea of paying for an mp3 is against my religion.  But I committed that sin.  I spent 9.99 and now I have the music.

Herein lies the problem:  3 of the mp3s are broken.  The songs Embraced by the Absolute, Blood, and Serpent are incomplete.  They have the run time listed on iTunes but the end cuts off abruptly.  So that is that.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

The worst part is I don't even have a CD booklet.  What are the lyrics about?  Fuck if I know.  What do these bros look like?  What gear do they use?  Bueller?  Bueller?  Ah fuck it.

I know some people are going to use this as an excuse to jock spotify or something.  But guess what?  I do most of my music listening on my phone or in my car.  Doesn't exactly help me.  And where I spend most of my time is downtown, and downtown I get no signal at all.  So I can't stream spotify to my phone.  Thanks AT&T!  So don't even make any comments here swinging from spotify's nuts.  I agree that it is the future of music distribution.  But the future ain't now.

Ok enough whining.  This album is a beast and it is a shame that Autumn Leaves aren't recognized more and that this album is out of print.  Maybe it is because of the band name?  Sounds like some sort of lesbian band or something.  They shoulda called themselves Autumn Decay.  Maybe it loses something in translation; they are Euros after all.  No surprise, as I said before European culture is superior to American culture and that includes all genres of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment