Tuesday, March 24, 2009

good times

Once I journeyed to Nashville. I saw Johnny Cash's grave. It was a good experience. It followed a night of drinking too much and a freakout. And we did listen to Cash that night. And the next day too.

DSC00057

I've seen the New South

DSC00078

A good place to be buried

DSC00080

This place really changed the tone of the trip. Nashville is ok - I had a better time in Atlanta - but it was a good trip.

I bring this up because I wonder; will the younger generation even care about Johnny Cash? It seems so many of the legends of my time are dead. I don't have to believe that they are really gone, but what about today's vocoder generation? Is there any room for authenticity with them?

Sometimes at night. When I hear the wind. I wish I was crazy again. - Johnny Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment