Saturday, March 21, 2009

The sanity project

I watched Donnie Darko last night. I haven't watched it in a long time. It reminded me of a period of time when sleep had quite a hold on me. I read the H.P. Lovecraft classic Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath years ago, and was determined to sleep and enter the dreamland. Many years prior to that I tried to enter the dreamland. I could never transfer my waking consciousness into the dreamland. When I tried to hold on too hard I couldn't get past the wall of sleep. I'd wake up, or find myself not fully immersed into the dream. After reading Lovecraft, I made another go at it. No dice.

Today I almost fell asleep at 4 pm. Caffiene didn't help me stay alert. So maybe instead of being alert, I should go into a trance?

Hypnotic Lake

It is starting to warm up. Mobile tripod time. But I haven't figured out a way to make a strap and lock it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment