Monday, June 6, 2011

Mango wine

The problem with wine is that it is made from grapes.  Grapes are ok, but not my favorite fruit.  So why grapes then?  Why not wine out of whatever fruit you wish?  How will it taste?  Wine flavors represent the grapes that spawned them; I image the flavors of wines made from other fruits to represent those original flavors well.  Wouldn't coconut or mango wine be great?  I mean if plum wine is a delightful but rare taste of Asia, why not the flavors of the tropics?

So I went to the grocery store and bought some mango juice.  It has some other juices, I think apple.  Whatever.  I will try fermenting that and will comment in a week or two when I have some wine.  I even shelled out a buck for wine yeast to eliminate the sour flavor of the first batch of pruno.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment