Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Megadeth = Dad rock

I'm going to come out and say what everyone is thinking.  Megadeth at some point became a dadrock band.  Just check out this video for Motocyco:



Totally dadrock.  Yeah you're tough riding your Harley on weekends when your ex has the kids.  Motocyco, that's you when the insurance office closes for a 3 day weekend.  It's going to be crazy man.  A six pack of Heineken, some baby back ribs, and The Lethal Weapon on DVD.  Anything can happen!



Yeah crush 'em! That's what you do on summer evenings on your 40 and over softball league.  You'll show 'em.

And you know you're a badass when you crank Walk Alone in the church parking lot at the bake sale.  All those old church ladies get grumpy, but like you explained to Pastor Jones, it is a Christian song about walking with the Lord.  Deal with it.

So what do you think?  I think Megadeth became Dadrock with Cryptic Writings (or as I call it Craptic Writings).  My wife thought Dave sounded tired on The System has Failed, like he would rather be doing something else than making heavy metal.  And I agree.  I almost feel sorry for Dave.  What if your career was doing something that you eventually grew tired of doing?  I can see getting tired of doing something after 30 years.  It is easy for me to get into dirty old school thrash metal because I hate my life.  But what if you had a mansion with horses and a wife and kids that made every day awesome?  How hard would it be to channel that angst you felt when you worked at a gas station making minimum wage and drank bottom shelf whiskey and spent most nights with Miss Michigan?

1 comment:

  1. Hello me, meet the real me. I agree on all points. Miss Michigan is some funny shit.

    ReplyDelete